In order that an environmental management system can fulfil its potential it is essential that it is regularly monitored and improved. This interactive two-day training course is designed for Internal Auditors or potential auditors who need an in-depth understanding of the auditing requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard. This course will enable those attending to plan, perform and report the results of internal audits with the aim of developing and improving the management system of an organisation. This course will provide participants with an understanding of the key role auditors’ play and a lasting memory of the information provided.
This course is applicable to all who will undertake internal environmental auditing, including; Environmental, QHSE, Compliance and Assurance staff, Internal Auditors as well as those new to auditing requirements. Team leaders and supervisors in high environmental risk industries may also find this useful if they wish to broaden their awareness of environmental compliance and continual improvement through audit techniques.
- Principles of ISO 14001:2015, Environmental awareness and issues
- Audit techniques, attributes and skills
- Environmental legislation and standards
- Eco-Management and Audit regulations
- Environmental hazard and risk management
- Categorisation of Non Conformances and Opportunities
- Corrective action, improvement and prevention
- Accreditation and certification
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Have a sound understanding of the standard
- Describe different audit processes and apply the new techniques
- Plan, perform, and report the results of internal audits
- Understand the key attributes of an efficient and effective Management System
- Understand the role of an internal auditor in driving continual improvement
- Take appropriate corrective and follow-up action
Delivered to your company
We are flexible to schedule a course for your company from anything from 3 attendees to 12 attendees.