This course sets out to train delegates to a level where they can fulfil their duties as a Fire Warden; how they can respond to emergencies; understand the principles of fire risk assessments and undertake routine fire safety procedures.
The training comprises tutor-led presentations, discussions and syndicate exercises.
There is no ‘hands on’ use of fire extinguishers on this course, it is undertaken through simulation.
This course is aimed at persons nominated by their employer as a competent person to carry out the role of a Fire Warden or Fire Marshal.
- Fire Statistics
- Fire Legislation
- Employers’ Duties
- Basic Principles of Fire
- Sources of Ignition / Fuel / Oxygen
- Classifications of Fires
- Heat Transmission and Fire Spread
- Fire and Smoke Spread in a Building
- Causes and Consequences of Fires
- Principles of Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Prevention and Prevention of Fire Spread
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Fire Equipment
- Evacuation and Means of Escape
- Evacuation Procedures / Emergency Plans
- Duties of Fire Wardens
- Describe the principles of fire initiation; classification and spread
- Outline the principles of fire risk assessment
- Describe the basic principles of fire prevention and the prevention of fire spread in buildings
- Identify appropriate fire alarm systems and fire-fighting equipment in a simple building
- Outline the factors to be considered when carrying out a successful evacuation in the event of a fire
- Understand the basic legal requirements of fire prevention
- Gain a more detailed understanding of the role of a Fire Warden or Fire Marshal
Various venues throughout the UK
There are no events scheduled for this course. Please Contact Us about attending a future event.